Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Well, I am normally against movies with such long titles. That is part of the reason I have no desire to see that sky captain movie with Jude Law and Angelina Jolie. Or is it that I just don't like Either of those two Actors, they're talented, I just don't like them.

Anyways, This movie was great. I love movies with a great concept. And As I've said before, I love movies that show triumph comes with the need for others. I was not particularly drawn toe the personalities of the two main characters. I just didn't connect with them. I do have to say that I was glad to see that the writers didn't go for the mainstream character types of the 'ben-n-jen' variety.

This was a smart movie. It keeps you guessing. And without being a huge sap-fest it displays the value and effect that our memory has in life. Everyone would agree that your memories make you who you are, in many ways. This movie explores that in a new and inventive way. We've all seen the amnesia angle. The difference here is the additive of choice. Amnesiac never choose to forget. Here, you ask yourself, would I choose to forget if I could. Maybe with some memories you would, but when It comes to people in your life, you just cant get rid of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home