Friday, March 25, 2005

Ray

I have also in the not so distant past saw the movie 'Ray'. This has been very critically acclaimed, and rightly so. First of all Jaime Fox recieved teh academy award for best actor in this role. This was well deserved. About 2 minutes into the movie I could not see Jaime fox anymore, it was as if it was really Ray Charles. I believe that an actor truly acts when the audeince ceases to see the actor, but sees the character only. Fox truly achieved this. The story itself was not too spectacular. Though it was great to see the inside story of teh development of an amazing musical career. I don;t knwo how much the 'common' person can really connect to this story, or maybe I just didn't. Much of the story seemed to be about Ray Charles' battle with an addiction to heroin. Yes, one could argue that the true story was a black/blind man's fight to stand on his own. But, I prefer a story that shows triumph which requires the aid of others. In all it was a great movie. I think it was also very special that this movie could be released so close to Ray Charles' death as well as still having the use of Ray himself on the soundtrack. this move gave Ray Charles a life tribute that I think anyone would be proud of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home